Sunday, November 22, 2015

Pavo Sea Star Starling

I got a beautiful Pavo Sea Star Starling size 4 in temp trade.  I was excited to try this Pavo form wrap, even if pink isn’t really my color ;-)
At first touch it felt a lot like Pavo Unicornio, which I have tried in the past, as you can see from my main photo! I do find Sea Star to be softer than Uni, and more floppy but it is possible (as always) that Sea Star is just more broken in than the Unicornio I tried.
I would easily consider this to be a squish worthy wrap and it held up well to my 24 pound 15 month old, even in single layer carries.  I find it to be neither dry nor soap and having some, but very little, texture.
I found Sea Star to have good glide while doing second passes, but in some cases, maybe a little bit too much.  I always like to try carries with a half knot instead of a proper double knot to see how it does, slip-wise, and Sea Star held for a little bit, but then started slipping minimally, not enough, but enough that I wouldn’t be comfortable with a half knot.  It did seem to hold a slipknot well enough, which is what matters more to most people than a half knot.  The only other time I had issues with slip was while trying to tighten the second pass of double hammock.  If I wasn’t careful the bottom rail would slip up over his tush and I would have to reposition.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme (and maybe due in part to wiggly toddler) but worth mentioning ;-)
There is a bit of stretch in Sea Star Starling but not very much, it’s there but you have to look for it.  I found it to be relatively thin.  There wasn’t any real cush to speak of but it never felt diggy in any of the carries I tried (ruck TIF, double hammock TAS, kangaroo, and front wrap cross carry TUB).
In all I would consider this a great squish to toddler wrap if glide is your game and you want a soft wrap to wrap and cuddle with! 


No comments:

Post a Comment