Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Didymos Blackberry Indio v2

It's no secret, to those that know me, that I love thin wraps, so naturally when I heard that Didymos was coming out with a wool indio that was going to be pretty thin, I had to jump in and see what it was all about.

Blackberry Indio v2 is, indeed, very thin.  I weighed it in at 190gsm, with the disclosure that calculating gsm is still a bit new to me!  It is thin enough that when held up to the light I can see between the threads. Let it be known that I have put this wrap through a lot.  It is a size 4 and if there is a carry I am capable of doing in a size 4, I have done it with this wrap.  The color is very hard to pin down with regular lighting so I found outdoor shots were as close to true color as I was able to get.  It is much less purple than v1 and isn't really a color I would associate with blackberries, perhaps some just past ripe raspberries though!

To start with, this wrap has a LOT of diagonal stretch.  I didn't think it did on first wrapping but the more I broke it in the more it stretched.  What this means is stellar chestpasses every time with great ease.  Also, even with the amount of stretch that it has, I didn't find it sagging with my 24 pound toddler.

I also found this wrap to have minimal to no wool prickle at all.  I frequently wear on bare shoulders because I overheat very quickly while wearing so if there was going to be prickle, I would have felt it.  I have also briefly used Didymos Greenland Indio and Latte Indio and found those to have more of a prickly feeling, though they are very different, overall, from Blackberry v2.

Blackberry has great glide when doing passes and still holds a slipknot very well, especially being that it is so thin.  It has a very small knot and I found that it was fantastic at carries that tied under bum because there wasn't a big knot in my back.

I have had a couple of small difficulties with this wrap. The first is that since it is so thin *and* an indio, it pulls very easily.  If I am wrapping with this I prefer to keep my engagement ring on the counter until I am done.  The other issue I had is that because it is so thin and it's so easy to stuff it all in your hand for bunched passes etc, it can be easy to swap top rail with bottom rail in a carry like Charlies Cross Carry etc.  It's not really a huge deal and it is easy enough to fix once you figure it out, but a newer wrapper just learning back carries might get a little frustrated by this as they were learning.

I would rate this wrap as absolutely squish-worthy as it is extremely soft and very easy to wrap with.  I find it to to be toddler worthy with my 24 pound guy with zero dig but it *might* lack the support needed as your child edges up closer to 30 pounds, if doing a single layer carry.  If in base size this would rock a wrapjob all the way to the end of your wearing days.







No comments:

Post a Comment