Friday, November 27, 2015

Pavo Parterre Doe

I got a chance to try the legend that is Pavo Parterre Doe and of course was super excited to give it a go!

First and foremost, this is NOT a wrap for an inexperienced wrapper.  It requires real strand by strand tightening, and a lot of it at that.  It is also extremely dense and very heavy in hand.  All that said, it is full of support!

This wrap has amazing stretch and a lot of recoil, which is part of why strand by strand is so important.  I was also impressed wih the grip of Parterre.  It doesn't feel, in hand, like it would be very grippy compared to something like Fable or Gotham but once it's in place, it holds tight.  There is pretty good glide as well for getting second passes done, but anything with a second pass really requires a bit of patience and time to get everything right.  Parterre ROCKS a ruck in my opinion and is best suited to single layer carries.

The texture of this wrap is very different from most I have tried, even down to the noise of your hand rubbing against the fabric.  I don't consider this wrap to be "soft" nor very "mouldable" but it is very comfortable once you have your wrapee up.  The support is effortless and your little one feels weightless.  It has a fantastic shine/sheen as well.

Overall I think all experienced wrappers should have a chance to try this wrap.  Parterre is very different from most wraps out there and I best describe it as "intense".  I wouldn't consider this to be a squish worthy wrap but it would wrap your bigger toddler with ease!  I briefly considered wrapping my 65 pound 7 year old but decided since it wasn't my wrap maybe I shouldn't ;-)






No comments:

Post a Comment