Thursday, March 10, 2016

Baby-Doo



I had the chance to test/review a Baby-Doo woven wrap for Marsupial Mamas  for 2 weeks and was thrilled for a chance to try out a brand I haven't ever used before! Baby-Doo is a budget wrap, at only $85 for a 4.4m wrap, it's a fantastic price.

The first thing I noticed was how remarkably soft this wrap was, I even went so far as to ask Marsupial Mamas if it was broken in.  Turns out it had only been worn once for photos and washed once. It is a super snuggly soft wrap, in a way it reminds me of my LL Bean flannel sheets. Obviously the wrap is a little bit thicker and more wrap-like, but to touch it the feel is very similar.

Basic Ruck!

I used this wrap with my 25 pound 34" tall 18 month old (official as of today!) and was very pleased with the support it provided. I didn't experience any dig even in a simple ruck.  In fact, we got our first wrap nap in a good 8+ months in that ruck.

Super loose top rail. Still very comfy.

Where this wrap really shined was in double hammock. It was absolutely solid while still incredibly comfortable. There was a *little* more grip than I care for with the second pass but it wasn't a fight to get the pass in place or anything, I am just a glide fan ;-) .  There is almost no width wise or length wise stretch but there is a little bit of diagonal stretch which is great for getting a good chestpass in double hammock and for assisting in proper tightening with ease.

Flawless support with little effort!

I did try it in kangaroo. It worked well enough but I had a bit of trouble tightening due to the grip and my lack of skill with kangaroo ;-)  I wanted to try it in a single layer front carry though so I gave it a go!

Sloppy kangaroo

In all this wrap would be fantastic for a beginner and the colors make it easy to know one rail from the other, making learning tightening pretty simple.  It would be a great wrap for an experience wrapper too, as an inexpensive option for all things toddler, mud puddles, and spring while still giving all the support that an experienced wrapper has come to expect.

Soft enough for a teeny tiny squish and strong enough for the biggest of toddlers!




No comments:

Post a Comment